The Office of Business Development has sent out their August newsletter, highlighting many of the recent happenings that have taken place within the state of Wisconsin.
- Join Governor Scott Walker, Lt. Governor Rebecca Kleefisch and Wisconsin state agencies at the Spetember 9thSmall Business Summit in Eau Claire, WI. The summit brings cabinet secretaries and state agencies together with small business owners, entrepreneurs and innovators to discuss topics of interest. Don't miss the opportunity to meet Wisconsin's leadership team involved in job creation. This event sells out so register now!
- The Small Business Regulatory Review Board and Office of Business Development websites have recently been updated. You now have the ability to file online a request for help as well as offer recommendations for regulatory reform. Please visit these sites for more details.
- Please take a moment to read our August 2015 Office of Business Development newsletter attatched.
- Operation Welcome Home is a 2 year event in support of Wisconsin Veterans. The Wisconsin Department of Veterans Affairs (WDVA) is putting an emphasis on the campaign during the Veterans Day ceremony this year, and aims to educate communities across WI to become Commemorative Partners. July 2015 marked 50 years since the US military ramped up forces going into Vietnam and Commemorative Partners Schneider Trucking, Mercury Marine and Wal-Mart urge local and private organizations to follow their lead and honor local Vietnam Veterans in their own community.
- Wisconsin Procurement Institute has events held throughout the year to help small businesses create connections with the State of Wisconsin. Find all dates and descriptions for their events on their calendar.
- Businesses are urged to apply for 2015 Marketplace Governors Awards. The deadline has been extended to August 5, 2015. Marketplace 2015 will be held October 29-30, 2015at Potawatomi in Milwaukee.
Find out more by reading the August Office of Business Development newsletter.